35 hours per week. Office hours are 10am to 6pm
£25,000-£28,000 (depending on experience)
Director of Operations
Small Green Shoots is a youth-led organisation which champions low-income young people, most of whom are not in education, training, or employment. (78% Black.) We provide unique and practical access opportunities to the music industry, but our aim is not to merely create jobs for our young people, but it is to develop long-term stable careers.
Our mission has always been to provide excellent, long-term, and transformative opportunities and careers to underrepresented young people aged 18 – 24 to change the back room of the creative industries in the UK making it more reflective of the diversity presented in the public realm.
“Because of SGS, I have now secured a full-time position at Tap Management and my future is looking bright. I’ve improved my skills and knowledge of the industry which has really helped my confidence. There are not many places that teach, support and push you to bring out your potential.”
We are ambitious for our “Young Shoots”.
This role is perfect for someone with 1+ finance experience looking for the next step and who is keen to learn new systems and who is a strong team player. Good communications skills are essential, and the ability to manage the day-to-day operations of Small Green Shoots finance systems and procedures.
- Work with the Director of Operations to prepare monthly and annual management accounts
- Point of contact for day-to-day Finance admin queries, such as bank statement checks or supplier form completion
- Ownership of reports and bank reconciliations, investigating budget variances
- Oversee Grants, Trusts & Foundations and other restricted funds budget and expenditure
- Invoice management (raising invoices and chasing payments)
- Staff payroll
- Bookkeeping and monthly management accounts using Xero
- Monitoring cash flow
- Perform other admin duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Lead on HR activities including staff contracts, managing annual leave, and maintaining employee records.
- Take lead on facilities and services used by SGS, including IT
- Provide supervision (in conjunction with the Director of Operations and Youth Coordinators) to Shoots and Sharpies as required
- Previous finance experience is essential
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Proactive, positive attitude towards change and improvements
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Act as a role model to staff and colleagues by demonstrating a positive attitude and high levels of personal performance
- Knowledge of accounting software (Ideally Xero)
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy, please see the link below:
The deadline for application is Monday 16th May 2022
The interview will be held on Wednesday 18th May.
Start Date As soon as possible