Job Title: Accounts & Royalties Administrator
Location: Ninja Tune offices in Kennington (London)
Hours: Monday – Friday (10am – 6pm)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing date: 9th May 2022
Start date: As soon as possible
We are actively encouraging applications from a diverse range of applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, or disability status.
About Ninja Tune
Ninja Tune is an independent record label based in London, England, created in 1990 by the duo known as Coldcut: pioneers of the emerging hip-hop/electro scene in the eighties.
About the role
The Accounts & Royalties Team within Ninja Tune deal with all income, expenses and royalty calculations for the Ninja Tune group of companies (which includes the publishing company Just Isn’t Music). As you can imagine there are multiple sources of income which each generate large sets of data that we track, prepare, upload, analyse and report on, to our artists and writers from around the world.
We currently work with three main systems – Netsuite (accounting), Korrect (master royalties) and Music Maestro (publishing royalties).
The Accounts & Royalties Administrator role plays an integral part in the royalty ecosystem. The role holder will prepare third-party statements for uploading into the various systems we use. They will be involved in reconciliations which provide a link between our royalty systems (reporting to artists and writers) and our accounting system (reporting within Ninja and Just Isn’t Music).
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Sourcing, handling and manipulating digital & physical income statements and recharges, ensuring they are in the right format to be uploaded into our software
- Uploading data into the relevant systems and reconciling/matching the statements to the payments received, investigating any differences
- Tracking reports received from distributors and customers, ensuring they are complete, accurate, and arrive in a timely way
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with distributors and customers at small and large organisations around the world, as well as being the main point of contact for statement queries
- Generating and maintaining reports for internal use (i.e. physical/digital sales reports)
Full training will be provided, and the tasks will be introduced progressively until you have built confidence in the terminology, methods and software used in the role. There is room for progression and development both in the traditional accounts side and within the royalty calculation side.
- Highly numerate
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Very confident with Excel, data manipulation and large volumes of data
- Fast learner with new software
- Ability to focus on a set tasks and work fairly autonomously
- Ability to plan and organise your workload and convey progress at regular intervals
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts a plus
Prior Experience (not necessary but please mention if you have any of the below):
- Prior experience of any of the systems mentioned
- Prior experience of royalties
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts
In your own words and in your own style we would like to know how enthusiastic you are about the role you are applying for.
To support your application please answer the following questions in video format. However, if this is not possible, please let us know and can be open to receive in a different format if required.
- The role will be heavily data and administration lead – Can you give us some insight into the experience you have in this field but also what you enjoy about that side of working?
- With roles that include lots of systems and processes, there is always constant improvement. Please share your general thoughts on this and share any specific examples of when you have introduced change to a way of working, that you are proud of.
Please keep video content to no more than 8 minutes long. You can upload your media on an online cloud space that suits you and you can share the link with us directly so only we can view. Please remember to provide the right access permissions when sharing.
Send your links to your media, along with your CV to Raksha Rathod at firstname.lastname@example.org, with Accounts & Royalties Administrator + your name as the subject line of your email. We would appreciate it if you could also write a short cover note which shares any other useful information, what your salary expectations are and the best number to contact you on should we need to.
Any information shared, will be used purely for Ninja Tune recruitment purposes.